Hello Sacred Space Community,
Now, more than ever, is the time to breathe deeply, practice being in the now and present to your loved ones, and the time to take your practice off the mat and into the world (with a safe social distance of course). We will get through this together. During this strange time of school and gathering closures I have been considering what to do to continue our services while keeping our clients safe and allowing adequate social distancing, I have really felt that what we do at Sacred Space is very helpful in these times of great anxiety. So given that our studio serves smaller classes and one on one appointments with individuals we are remaining open for the time being with the following guidelines:
*We will limit our class size at this time to no more than 6 people (for the time being) to allow for distance between mats and to limit close contact. We will cancel any large gatherings that exceed 6 people for the time being. We will also refrain from touching clients.
*We are considering offering online classes for those who would rather stay at home. We will update you when and if these become available.
To prevent the spread of germs in the studio during this COVID-19 crisis, we are following current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines by:
• Routinely disinfecting surfaces such as counter tops, doorknobs, bathrooms and frequently touched surfaces.
• Routinely cleaning yoga mats and other heavily used props.
We encourage you to bring your own mats but if you should borrow one, please ensure they are cleaned with the provided Thieves spray before they are returned. For blocks please also please use the provided Thieves spray before returning. For bolsters, we will be using hand towels to place on the bolster where your head or face may make contact with the prop and then placing them in the dirty towel basket after class. I will be regularly washing the yoga blankets once a week. We will also be diffusing Thieves essential oil to help eliminate any contagions as well.
We ask that you also do your part to help us keep our community healthy by practicing these smart health tips:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
Also, make sure you confirm news you hear about COVID-19 by checking official websites:
• CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
• Texas DSHS website for more information: https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns I have not addressed here. Just remember we will get through this together.
Owner, Sacred Space